Smoked salmon omelette
by Antony Worrall Thompson
from Ready Steady Cook
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
2 medium eggs, beaten
1 tsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
1 tsp snipped fresh chives
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
100g/4oz lightly smoked raw salmon
50g/2oz canned Jersey new cooked potatoes, drained and sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, herbs and seasoning.
2. Gently heat the oil and butter in a small frying pan.
3. Pour in the egg mixture.
4. As the egg begins to set, using a fork drag the egg from the edge of the
pan into the centre, so the egg is dispersed and sets evenly over the base
of the pan.
5. Just before the egg is fully set, scatter the salmon and potatoes over
6. Flip the other side of the omelette, to encase the filling. Cook for 1-2
7. Shuffle the omelette to edge of the pan, and then tip onto a plate.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked