Smoked salmon hash with poached eggs
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
For the smoked salmon hash
1 tsp olive oil
150g/6oz canned Jersey new cooked potatoes, drained and sliced
200g/8oz lightly smoked raw salmon, torn
2 tbsp double cream
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp horseradish
a dash of Tabasco sauce
a pinch of salt
For the eggs
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 medium eggs
1. In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
2. Sauté the potatoes and salmon for 1-2 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients for the salmon
4. Add the salmon and potatoes and gently crush with a masher or a fork.
5. To poach the eggs, half-fill a medium saucepan with water. Add the vinegar
and bring to simmering point.
6. Crack an egg into a dish, then tip it into the pan, holding the dish as
close to the water as possible.
7. With a spoon draw the egg white towards the yolk.
8. Poach for two minutes.
9. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and repeat steps 6-8 with the remaining
10. Serve a poached egg on a portion of smoked salmon hash.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked