Smoked salmon fishcake
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
For the fishcake
200g/8oz lightly smoked raw salmon, torn
150g/6oz canned Jersey new cooked potatoes, drained and sliced
1 tsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp double cream
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp horseradish
a dash of Tabasco sauce
a pinch of salt
2 x 1 tsp Greek yoghurt
2 sprigs fresh dill
1. In a medium bowl, mix the salmon with the remaining fishcake ingredients,
except the potatoes.
2. Divide the salmon mixture into six portions and the potatoes into four
3. Place two 7.5cm/3in cooking rings in a small frying pan.
4. Place one sixth of the salmon mixture into the bottom of each ring, and
press down with the back of a spoon. Top each with a quarter of the potato
slices. Spoon another sixth of the salmon mixture onto the potatoes, then
top with a quarter of the potato slices again. Finish with a layer of salmon.
The fishcake should come up to the top of each ring.
5. Drop the butter into the pan and place the pan on the heat.
6. Fry the fishcakes for 1-2 minutes on each side.
7. Using a fish slice, transfer the fishcakes to small serving plates.
8. Remove the rings from the fishcakes, and wipe the plates with a clean
9. Serve garnished with a spoonful of yoghurt and a sprig of dill.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked