Prawns in Nappies
by Antony Worrall Thompson
from Nation's Favourite Food
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time no cooking required
675g/1½lb ricotta or cream cheese
6 tbsp chives, flat parsley and tarragon, chopped
6 spring onions, finely chopped
tsp horseradish cream
18 large Mediterranean prawns, cooked
450g/1lb smoked salmon
12 chives for garnish (optional)
1. Combine the cream cheese, herbs, spring onions and horseradish cream.
2. Cut the salmon into 18 strips of 15cm(6in) x 2.5cm(1in) and spread with
half the herb and cream cheese mixture.
3. Peel the prawns leaving the head and tip of the tail on and remove vein
4. Wrap the middle of each prawn in a piece of smoked salmon leaving the
tip of the tail free.
5. Place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each plate
6. Take three prawns and prop them, heads upwards, against the cream cheese.
7. Garnish with chives and serve with hot buttered toast.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked