Organic Salmon and Smoked Mackerel Roulade
by Anthony Howard
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
fresh dill, chopped
fresh chervil, chopped
fresh organic salmon, 13cm/5in square, approx 5mm/¼in thick
1 slice brown bread
125g/4oz smoked mackerel
2 large egg yolks
1. Scatter the fresh herbs onto a double thickness of cling film in a 13cm/5in
square, then season with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the herbs
and season the top with salt and pepper, place to one side.
2. Blitz the bread to make fine bread crumbs in a food processor.
3. Add the smoked mackerel and egg yolks, taste and correct the seasoning.
4. Place a line of the smoked mackerel on the top of the salmon.
5. Roll the salmon, then roll the parcel holding onto the ends until the
parcel becomes sausage like and tie off the ends. Steam the parcel for 25-30
minutes, slice and serve.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked