Hot and Cold Smoked Salmon
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
200g/7oz smoked salmon
2 small brioche
4 tbsp crême frâiche
small bunch dill, chopped
lemon, zest and juice
50g/2oz mixed salad leaves
extra virgin olive oil
salt and crushed black pepper
1 small jar salmon roe
1 small jar Avruga "caviar" (optional)
1. Cut the top off the brioche and hollow out the inside, leaving the lid
for the garnish.
2. Take half the smoked salmon and fold each piece in half. Sear in a hot
pan and set on one side of each serving plate, placing the un-cooked salmon
on the other side.
3. Add the lemon and dill to the cême frâiche and stir well.
4. Dress the salad leaves with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season well.
Divide into four and place a quarter inside each brioche. Top with the dill
and lemon crême frâiche. Add a spoonful of salmon roe and caviar
if you are using these.
5. Serve on a bed of the remaining salad leaves, with the salmon either side.
Place the lid against the side of the brioche.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked