Hot Smoked Salmon with Warm Potato and Mange Tout Salad
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
2x140g/5oz salmon fillets
knob ginger, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tbsp dark, sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 lime, juice only
salt and freshly ground black pepper
310g/11oz new potatoes
140g/5oz mange tout
1 lemon, juice only
knob of butter
handful of shredded coriander and basil
oakwood smoked chippings used for smoking,
1. Mix together the ginger, garlic, shallot, soy sauce, maple syrup and lime
2. Take one sheet of foil, 30cm/12in long, lay salmon piece unmarinaded on
one half of foil, drizzle marinade on and season well.
3. Fold the foil over and turn it into envelope so the salmon is completely
sealed. Take another sheet of foil, sprinkle the chippings on one half -
put the bag containing the salmon on top of the chippings.
4. Take a sharp knife and prick the top of the inner bag 20 times, fold the
outer foil over the top and seal it in.
5. Put the foil parcel on a hot griddle pan. Smoke for about 7-10 minutes
6. You can put it in the oven to finish it off or you can put it on the barbecue.
7. Boil the new potatoes until tender and do the same with the mange tout
8. Toss together the potatoes with some olive oil, lemon juice and a knob
of butter. Mix in the herbs and serve with the salmon.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked