Easy Eggs Benedict
by Antony Worrall Thompson
from Saturday Kitchen
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time less than 10 mins
1 tbsp vinegar
4 slices smoked salmon
2 muffins, toasted
200g/7oz soft cream cheese
50g/2oz dill mustard sauce
50ml/2fl oz double cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil.
2. Pour in the vinegar, then crack the eggs into a spoon and lower into the
water, one at a time.
3. Simmer for 1-2 minutes depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
4. Place slices of smoked salmon on the muffins, then remove the eggs and
place on top of the salmon.
5. Meanwhile, heat the soft cream cheese in a saucepan until melted.
6. Add the dill mustard, cream and lemon juice.
7. Bring to a boil, season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper
and serve poured over the eggs.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked