Chargrilled Smoked Salmon With Rocket & Parmesan
by James Martin
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
55g/2oz fresh parmesan
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g/7oz rocket leaves
225g/8oz sliced smoked salmon
1. Using a potato peeler, shave the parmesan into thin strips, set to one
2. Mix the olive oil together with the vinegar and some seasoning. Mix into
the rocket leaves and place on the plates.
3. Heat a griddle pan to a high heat. Fold each slice of smoked salmon into
three to make one thicker slice. Season with black pepper and drizzle on
one side with a little olive oil.
4. When the pan is very hot, place the salmon on it, oiled side down, and
leave for about 15 seconds and then turn a quarter turn and cook for a further
15 seconds and then remove. Do not turn it over, only cook on one side.
5. Sprinkle the rocket with the parmesan shavings and place the salmon, charred
side up, on the top. Serve immediately.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked Salmon Scotland