Blinis with Smoked Salmon
by Ross Burden
from Ready Steady Cook
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
85g/3oz plain flour
1 tbsp cornflour
150ml/¼ pint milk (or enough to make a batter)
30g/1oz unsalted butter
6 slices of smoked salmon
few fresh chervil leaves
pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Mix the flour, cornflour, eggs and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the milk, stirring all the time, until you get a smooth batter with
the consistency of double cream.
3. Gently melt the butter in a small non-stick blini pan and ladle the batter
into the pan, swirling the pan to spread evenly.
4. Gently fry for 1-2 minutes each side.
5. Repeat this with the remaining batter to make six blinis.
6. Wrap each salmon slice around your finger to make a coil, and use to serve
on top of the blinis.
7. Garnish with chervil and the cayenne pepper.
Smoked Salmon Recipe Ideas
(c) Copyright 2004 Uig Lodge Smoked